It is interesting how God made the human body to function, and the distinct differences between men and women. While we are so alike in so many ways, there still remains a definite difference. One is what we need for our bodies to function as they were meant to do.
Only in recent years has the medical field noticed that though men need vitamin supplements like their counterparts, a man’s body has need of different levels of some of the same vitamins than women need.
- Vitamin B Complex- Plays a key role in the production of cells and neurotransmitters. Men need at least 500 milligrams per day.
- Magnesium – helps in heart rhythm, muscle and nerve function, bone strength. Adult men ages 19-30 need 400 milligrams per day, whereas men above 32 need 420 mg.
- Vitamin A - is necessary for normal vision, immune function and reproduction. Men need 900 micrograms per day.
- Vitamin B3 or Niacin – Assists in digestion and the conversion of food into energy. It is important to the production of cholesterol – and men need at least 16 mgs daily.
- Vitamin B6 – Important for the nervous system; also helps the body metabolize proteins and sugar. Men ages 10-50 need 1.3 mg’s daily. Whereas men 51 and up need 1.7 mgs.
- Vitamin C – is antioxidants that protect against cell damage, boosts the immune system, and forms collagen in the body. Men of any age need at least 90 mgs daily.
- Vitamin K - Is an important in blood clotting and bone health. Men need 120 mcgs daily.
- Vitamin D - is crucial in metabolizing calcium for healthy bones. Doctors have started paying more attention to Vitamin D (or lack of) in patients in the last 10+ years. Adults 18-50 need at least 5mcg’s of vitamin supplement daily whereas adults age 51 up would need 10 mcgs.
- Multi-one-a-day - There are companies who produce multi-vitamins especially with the male population in mind.
- For the best health benefits, vitamins for men should include an amino acid complex, essential fatty acids, vitamins B6 and A, niacin, and zinc. Zinc is helpful for prostate health, and niacin can help keep blood cholesterol levels healthy.
This is not an all-inclusive list, but it is a start. A list that was made from research of many sites which leave me to believe it is a wonderful start for any man who has not started taking vitamin supplements as yet. May you continue in good health.Taken From Vitamins and Minerals