As mobile device design continues to trend away from traditional keypads in favor of touch screens, we thought it might be time to assess which devices are getting it right. Based on factors like comfort, screen size, image, battery life we sort through the field to determine the ten best touchscreen mobile devices.
10. HTC EVO 3D – Runs on the Android 2.3 OS, and a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor. The 3D has a 4.3 in. display and a sturdy design, though a bit heavier than most others here. Built-in memory (I GB) seemed weak for a phone capable of 3D photography.
9. T-Mobile myTouch 4G – This entry had one of the longest battery lives of the group and a really comfortable design, but lagged in speed by virtue of the single core processor. Also, the expandable memory was capped at 8GB, as opposed to 32 Gig for the top-ranked handsets.
8. Motorola Atrix 2– One of the best for screen resolution at 960×540 and easy to read text, on a 4.3 “ display; and long battery life. We like the Webtop app that lets you dock the handset and use it like a desktop.
7. Samsung Infuse – Ranks high on our list in graphics display and screen brightness, making it one of the easiest to read in sunlight. Battery life was good, not excellent. Design was delightfully minimalist, lightweight and thin.
6. T-Mobile G2x – 1080p video, 3D graphics, and an MP3 player with plenty of internal memory highlight this package. Battery life was just OK. Nice big screen (4”) well-built, runs on a 1 GHz Tegra dual-core processor.
5. Motorola Droid Bionic – Excellent, large display and above average battery life. Not the fastest of the bunch, with a 1GHz processor, but fast enough; plenty of internal memory (16GB), and expandable to 32 additional GB.
4. Samsung Galaxy s2 – Super AMOLED Plus display is vibrant and clear at 4.3”; 1.2GHz CPU is fast, and the 8 MP camera takes top-notch photos and 1080p video. Average battery life among the models tested.
3. HTC Sensation 4G – We love the HDTV capability and stereo sound. Also has a proximity sensor which adjusts the display from sleep mode to active when handset is moved away from the user’s face. Average battery life and low internal memory (1G) kept the 4G from ranking even higher.
2. Motorola Photon – Ranks high in battery life, memory, and camera (8MP). The Photon’s 4.3-in. screen looks even bigger. The handset comes with built-in GPS; Facebook and Twitter apps, 16 GB internal and 32GB of expandable memory. Runs on 1GHz dual processor CPU.
1. Apple iPhone 4S – Highest resolution screen of the group, at 960 x 640 pixels, and it shows. Brilliant images, sharp text. Siri voice recognition virtual assistant is by now legendary. Battery life is average, and there is no expansion slot for memory; but it is equipped with 64GB of internal memory. The iOS 5 platform works marvelously.Taken From Wireless Internet Reviews