Parenting is all about teaching children the values and lessons they’ll need to grow into productive, responsible adults. The importance of instilling ecologically-responsible habits into youngsters has never before been emphasized like it is today, as the impact of climate change becomes more well-known. These 30 bloggers tackle the issue of parenting, eco-friendly style.
Green Parties and Gatherings
Kids love parties of any kind, especially when they’re the guest of honor. Unfortunately, the average child’s birthday party generates an incredible amount of waste in the form of disposable plates, cups and plastic cutlery. These five blogs offer great tips, hints and tricks for making sure that all of your kids’ parties are green and responsible.
- Green and Simple Birthday Parties for Kids
- Easy Green Birthday Party Tips
- How to Host a Green Birthday Party
- Green Birthday Parties: Eco-Friendly Party Planning Ideas, Tips and Tricks
- Go Green: Throw a “Greener” Birthday Party
Teaching kids to eat healthily and make good dietary choices can be challenging. Explaining the importance of sustainable eating, however, will also be instilling the habit of eating well and choosing nutritious, low-footprint foods. Within these five blogs you’ll find ideas for sustainable kids’ cuisine and tips for helping your children make the right choices when it comes to food.
- Nourish: Teach Kids About Healthy Food
- Prioritizing Fresh, Sustainable Food
- Sustainable Food, For Kids!
- Teaching Kids About Sustainable Agriculture
- Gardening With Children
According to the Real Diaper Association, it takes a disposable diaper anywhere from 200-500 years to completely decompose, and 92% of the 27.4 billion single-use diapers sold end up in a landfill. These five blog entries are dedicated to sustainable diapering practices, keeping your little one clean and dry without contributing to climate change.
- Nicki’s Diapers
- Green Diapers: SAP, Biodegradability, Chorine, Woodpulp
- The Green Diaper Smackdown
- Going Green: Diaper Duty
- Green Bees Cloth Diapers: a Man’s Perspective
While the manufacturing practices of many major toy companies are questionable at best, producing toys that have been known to contain hazardous chemicals, there are ecologically-sound toys available on the market. Tracking down and making your own earth-friendly toys to keep your children entertained are the subject of these five blog posts.
- Eco-Friendly Children’s Toys
- The Best Eco-Friendly Toys for Your Kids
- Go Green This Season With Eco-Friendly Kids’ Toys
- Help the Environment By Purchasing Eco-Friendly Toys
- Smart New Eco-Friendly Toys
Teaching Kids About the Environment
All of the most sustainable, earth-conscious parenting practices in the world won’t teach your child about the importance of preserving the environment if your reasons are never discussed. Teaching kids about the dangers of climate change can be tricky, as imaginative little minds envision global devastation on an immediate scale. These five blogs entries are filled with ideas for imparting environmental knowledge in an age-appropriate manner.
- Teaching Kids About Sustainable Living
- Teaching Your Kids to Respect the Environment
- Teaching Children About the Environment – Five Tips
- Teaching Kids About the Environment
- Teaching Our Children About Environmental Stewardship
Keeping Chores Green
Teaching kids to keep track of and complete their chores can be an exercise in teaching responsibility, a precursor to money-management training, or simply an effort to include kids in the completion of household duties. Whatever the reasoning, these five blogs will help you make sure that those chores are part of an earth-conscious upbringing.
- Fall Chores
- 5 Eco-Friendly Summer Vacation Chores for Your Kids
- Making the Switch to Eco-Friendly Cleaners
- Raising Eco-Friendly “Green” Kids
- Chores and Allowance: When and How to Start