Fathers are an integral part of each of their children’s lives, and offer both their sons and daughter very special, individualized relationships. The relationship between a father and his daughter is a very special one, and he has big shoes to fill when it comes to leading his daughter through life. A father is the first male role model a little girl has to look up to, and through their relationship she will develop expectations for how men should treat her and what qualities a man should have. By spending one-on-one time with their daughters, fathers can strengthen their father-daughter bond, build a trusting relationship with their daughters, and set high standards for how the men in their future should treat them.
Here are 5 fall activities that dads and daughters may enjoy doing together:
- Raking leaves. Little girls love to work alongside their fathers. Dad can rake leaves while she helps bag them up. But before the leaves go into a bag, they should go into a big pile that they can jump in together. Not only do the leaves get raked up, but dad and daughter have spent a little time bonding over a fun fall activity.
- Tailgating at a game. Often thought of as more of a father and son outing, there are no rules that say that fathers and daughters can’t enjoy a good football game together. If your daughter enjoys football or sports, she would probably love to go to a game with her dad. Not only will dad get to teach some of the game basics to her, he’ll get to pass on his love of sports and of a good pregame party.
- Hiking. Whether it’s just being in the fresh air or being away from the distractions at home, like computers and video games, spending time outdoors together naturally lends itself to a bonding experience. Daughters and dads can talk while they hike, skip rocks in a creek, or have a picnic lunch.
- Camping. The fall season brings weather that is finally cool enough that most people can tolerate sleeping outside. Fathers can teach their daughters how to put up a tent, gather wood, and cook over an open fire. Girls may also enjoy sitting around a campfire at night while listening to their dad’s stories, and may even share a few of their own.
- Going to a fall festival. Many girls would consider spending the day with dad eating caramel apples, choosing pumpkins, and going on hay rides a perfect one. Attending a fall festival together could even become an annual father-daughter tradition, and you could make a memory book and add a photo in front of the festival entrance each year. This would be a cherished keepsake for years to come.
When it comes to dads and daughters, spending time together is the most important thing that they can do. Whether it’s sharing a hot cider on the back deck or going for a walk around the block, carving out regular one-on-one time together will help fathers and daughters build their relationship and stay connected.Taken From Au Pair Jobs