Sunday, October 6, 2013

Power Vacuum in Washington

I am a Mexican American, I know the History of my country of origin, and now, I make an analogy with Hitler's ascend to power, and Ted Cruz's shenanigans; together with the recent collapse of the state in Mexico, when the Partido Revolucionario Institucional (PRI), lost power to Partido Acción Nacional (PAN), in 2000.

Let's start with what I know better.

At October 2, 1968, forty five years ago, I almost died. When I saw tanks from the balcony of our apartment in Mexico City, I decided not to go to the "Plaza de Tlatelolco", and so, saved my life.

Vacuum is abhorred by Nature, said the Greeks. Power Vacuum, is abhorred by men, I say.

When President Gustavo Díaz Ordaz, sent troops in response to student protests, he definitely sealed the fate of PRI. Many students of my generation did not vote for that party anymore. Thirty two years later, they lost the presidential election to PAN's Vicente Fox. There was a problem though, this conservative party had never governed Mexico, and a Power Vacuum developed. Now Chapo Guzmán, controls big swats of territory, in Mexico.

Now let's jump to Germany in the 30s, Franz Von Papen, let Hitler in, thinking he would control the left, he did, but then he took everything else, even the cultural artifacts, as you can see in the upcoming movie, The Monuments Men. 

Ted Cruz, could be the next Adolf Hitler.


No comments:

Post a Comment